The alignments of the building in question are linked to the extension of Claudio Marcelo street, from your top, current Plaza de Las Tendillas, which was completed with the demolition of the Swiss hotel in 1921, to its current shape, that is, its encounter with the Espartería streets, Headquarters and Córdoba Newspaper, executed at the end of the 19th century, forming a corner with Claudio Marcelo and María Cristina, old royal arch street, Known for the construction in 1569 of a triumphal arch on the occasion of Philip II's visit to Córdoba, who had summoned courts in this city.


There is documentation of 1879 y 1883 in which the owner, D. Carlos Barcia and Jover, he sued with the City Council for issues of alignments. The first sketches of the façade appear signed by the architect D. Rafael de Luque y Lubian, who was of the Diputación until his death in December 1891. very active architect, who carried out works such as agricultural gardens in 1864, or the palace of the Marquis of Benamejí, in 1874, current School of Arts and Crafts, on Agustin Moreno street.


Precisely in 1981, is when it is approved by the municipal corporation, the first project of the current façade, completing in 1892, with the addition of a plot on María Cristina street, adjoining D's house. Rafael Garcia Lovera, very active intellectual in 19th century Córdoba, and who collaborated, among other things in the foundation of the Diario de Córdoba, in addition to his political activity as a councilor and even as interim mayor, in the year 1884, during 5 days. This configuration of gaps is what has come down to us to this day..


Little is known of the subsequent evolution of the building, because the projects have been lost. But there must have been an intervention, in the years 20 the last century, in which the attics were built and the facades were decorated with the moldings and caryatids that have survived to this day, in a classicist line undoubtedly close to the school of the famous Cordovan sculptor Mateo Inurria, (medal of honor at the National Exhibition of Fine Arts in 1920, academic of the Royal Academy of Fine Arts of San Fernando, deceased in Madrid in 1924, author in 1923 of the monument to the Great Captain, that today presides over the Plaza de las Tendillas) and that make the property unique in its style on Claudio Marcelo street.